Many of us believe that the end times are near, because the world is experiencing so many events foretold in the Bible. The world is changing; people are changing and not always for the better. There is still much positive about our world, but there are serious concerns in the areas of peace, warfare, societal relations and international relations, to name a few. People’s attitudes have become irreverent and selfish, even my own at times, if I am not careful. Paul, in his second letter to Timothy, warned us of these exact things.
But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 2 Timothy 3:1-5 NKJV
That is a pretty specific list! The good news…God’s Word gives us the best possible chance of following His Son’s teachings. The choice is ours to make. Who will we follow? The wise choice is Jesus.
Here are some things to consider:
1. The world is not going to save us; Jesus is.
2. The enemy in the world hinders and hurts us; Jesus heals and helps us.
3. The world offers finite happiness. Jesus offers a deep down everlasting joy.
4. The world cannot forgive sins; only Jesus can do that.
5. The enemy in the world offers eternal death without God; Jesus offers eternal life with Him and God!
There really is no comparison! Even so, living in the world can offer serious temptation for Christians. and non-Christians alike. That’s why our minds, as well as our hearts, need to be transformed daily.
And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:2-3
Please forgive us for any wrong attitudes or habits we took on from the world. We don’t want to look like the world, but like You. Thank You for giving us Your guidance and instruction every day.You always encourage us too. We love You! Amen
- List some of the world’s bad habits or attitudes that you have been tempted to take on before.
- What can Jesus do to keep you from these desires of the world? What is YOUR part in it? Thank Him for His transforming power.
Love and prayers to all. Stay safe:)